Old July 24th 05, 10:34 PM
Jerry Bransford

There is NO benefit to the overhyped Centerforce clutch for a
low-revving engine like a Jeep engine. Its design is meant for high-RPM
high-HP engines so it locks up firmer at high RPMs it won't slip from
enormous HP engines.

For the $$$, it's REAL hard to beat either the OE clutch or one from
Luk, who makes the OE clutch. Heck, after being smoked many times while
rock crawling, my TJ's clutch is still going strong with 154K miles on
it. If I don't swap in an automatic trannie when my clutch finally
goes, I'll install either another OE or probably a Luk which is
available pretty cheaply on the Internet.

Jerry

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY