Old December 10th 04, 08:09 PM
Don Bruder

In article >,
Dan_Musicant > wrote:

> The 15 Amp fuse is OK. Looks fine, even swapped it out for another. It's
> fuse 11, "Tail".
>
> What can I check before giving in and visiting my mechanic? I've got the
> owner's manual and the Chilton, but couldn't find anything. Thanks!!!

Check *ALL* fuses - I've found from experience that the markings, such
as they are, in the 626 fuse box (mine's an '82) seem to have very
little, if any, resemblance to what the fuse is actually wired to - The
fuse labeled "radio" in mine, ferinstance, doesn't connect to anything
that gets anywhere near the radio - Instead, if my tracing of the wiring
involved is even a little like accurate, that fuse is wired into the
wipers, and the hot lead for the radio is wired into the fuse that
(supposedly...) connects to the brake (not tail/running) lights. Tail
and dashboard lights on mine are both wired into the same fuse, which
is, according to the label in the fusebox, supposed to be wired to the
A/C clutch, but isn't - The fuse that's actually wired to the A/C clutch
is two positions down from that one.

In other words, don't rely on that damned label for *ANYTHING* until
you've verified with a meter that a given fuse actually connects to what
the label says it does...

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html> for full details.