Old March 6th 05, 06:47 PM
Fred Mau

Default Retrofitting power locks to a '00 YJ Cherokee

Thinking of retrofitting central power locks to my '00 YJ Cherokee.

What I'm wondering is, are the door structures and wiring harnesses on a
2000 YJ standardized enough that all I'd have to do is bolt in the correct
pieces/parts from a junkyard ? I'm aware that I'd probably also have to
change the (Body Control Module?)

Anybody out there been there, done that ?

I've discarded the idea of just trading the vehicle - I just paid it off
and it's only got 60K miles and runs perfect. I've also discarded the idea
of adding an aftermarket kit - I want something that, if there's ever a
problem, can be diagnosed by anyone familiar with the OEM setup.

Thanks for any advice.

- FM -