Old August 30th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jakalope

Default No Power and backfire

I have a 71 type 1 with a stock 1600 cc and a Bocar 34pict-3 carb. I
thought I had everything adjusted well. Today it started a little
backfiring and losing power after it was warm. When I take off from a
stop, or try to go up my driveway, it feels like there is no gas or
something, and then some soft pop, not a huge bang, but a backfire. I
dont have a steep driveway, but it took me 3 tries to get up it. I
turned the mixture counterclockwies and it did not seem to help. It
still just bogs out and pops when I give it gas. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
John