Old March 11th 05, 11:09 PM
vic20owner

Elvin Rambaran wrote:
> Hi. No part number on the black box. Or terminal designations for that
> matter. The number 2 fuse appears to be for the brake lights and the
> windshield wipers, but who knows The car is the South African version.

I don't have a wiring diagram for a 72 beetle, but on my 71 bus, I had
the same problem. When I turned the key, the brake light and horn fuse
blew instantly. Turned out to be the brake warning switch (screwed into
the master cylinder with two or three wires coming out of it). It was
shorted out. Replacing it fixed the problem. It's cheap... like 7
bucks or something. Do it quick, no need to bleed the brakes, just add
more fluid.

-tom