Old March 7th 05, 04:46 PM
Speedy Jim

Elvin Rambaran wrote:

> Hi. I have a 72 Beetle that is suffering from a dead short. As soon as the
> ignition is turned on, fuse number 2 blows. Then, of course, there is no
> positive power to the coil and the car will not start. What confuses me here
> is that the wire (white in color) from fuse 2 goes into a black box about
> 10cm x 10 cm. Then, different color thin wires emerge from this box and
> connect to the steering column. Any idea what box this is? And what color
> wire should I then be tracing from the balck box.
>
> Finally, is there any resource on the web that gives you the color of the
> wires that go to each fuse. I suspect that my wiring is probably not 100%
>
> Regards,
> Elvin

Your wiring is not 100%. <bg>

Go he
http://www.vintagebus.com/wiring.html
and download a diagram.

The black box you describe is not stock on a '72.
Also, which country are you in?

Finally, there is *NO* fuse in the circuit to the Coil.
(Or should not be; someone has altered the wiring...)

See if there are markings on the black box- a part number perhaps,
or terminal # designations.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/