Old March 7th 05, 07:04 AM
Elvin Rambaran

Default 72 Beetle Dead Short

Hi. I have a 72 Beetle that is suffering from a dead short. As soon as the
ignition is turned on, fuse number 2 blows. Then, of course, there is no
positive power to the coil and the car will not start. What confuses me here
is that the wire (white in color) from fuse 2 goes into a black box about
10cm x 10 cm. Then, different color thin wires emerge from this box and
connect to the steering column. Any idea what box this is? And what color
wire should I then be tracing from the balck box.

Finally, is there any resource on the web that gives you the color of the
wires that go to each fuse. I suspect that my wiring is probably not 100%

Regards,
Elvin