Old November 4th 04, 09:49 PM
Alan Bernardo

"BD" > wrote in message
> Well, it's happened again! A company has come out with what could be a
> relatively descent racing game that is ruined by control issues. Xpand
> Rally is a beautiful game, has some nice features and feels pretty
> decent some of the time. Problem is, it is hell to control. Seems like
> they borrowed the control coding from STCC2 or Lemans 24 Hours.
> Actually that may not be a fair statement. In Xpand Rally the braking
> occasionally goes away while turning and braking at the same time.
> Needless to say that can really ruin your time while you climb out of
> that ravine! Why do game companies invest so much in developing a game
> and then neglect the most obvious element?
>
> BD

I think you run into the problem of thinking that because you are having a
problem so is everyone else. Though I haven't messed with XPand Rally for
hours upon hours, I saw no wheel configuration problem with my Momo wheel.
In fact, I thought the force feedback was very good, better than what you
find on 90% of the driving games out there.

Maybe there is some universal problem with certain wheels that I don't know
about. But I'd check to see if that is the case before I start complaining.

It might be your configuration and not the game's.

Alanb