Old August 16th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ken Weitzel

Default 2002 GC Deluxe Stereo Question...

NewMan wrote:
> This definitely looks like a "stock" Chrysler stereo just by the way
> it integrates into the dash, the buttons, trim, etc...
>
> I thought about the antenna thing too. I wonder if the previous owner
> had a killer stereo, and then put back the stock one before trading it
> in? That would explain a sloppy re-install.
>
> OK, I'm game! I know NOTHING about this model year (YET!). SO, oh
> great Chrysler gurus, how do I remove the dash panel on the 2002 to
> check the installation of the stereo???

Hi NewMan...

Can't help you with removal, I know less of your van
than you do - but the experts here who've done it before
will chime in

Just as to why I suspected it had been changed just for
you... my ever more feeble memory has me recalling
a long ago post where you reported finding a van that
you liked, but that left you grieving the stereo that
you'd lost in your written off one.

I somehow from that assumed that they'd installed a
better one in this new van to clinch the sale

Take care.

Ken