Old July 14th 05, 02:24 PM
Somebody

"Andrew W. Hill" > wrote in message
> > Food for thought indeed - but would you please be so kind as to explain

why
> > you would like to have leather seats as standard? I for one would pay

extra
> > to remove them, I never understood why people would buy leather seats.

> I personally prefer the feel of cloth to leather, and in a street
> application I would rather have it. For stuff like offroading, I prefer
> leather just because it's easy to clean. I had velour seats in my '73
> 2002, and those would have to be my alltime favorite, at least as far as
> upholstery goes.
>
> Andrew

I've sat on every kind of leather around, and I still prefer good cloth
seats. Leatherette or vinyl simply being an abomination -- none of the
virtues of cloth, but not as good as leather. Cloth is cooler in the
summer, warmer in the winter, and grips you better in the corners. Why
modern luxury cars don't even offer it as an option I can't figuure out...
I'd pay to upgrade from leatherette to good cloth...

-Russ.