Old August 19th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
George Earl

Default 2001 Accord LX-V6 - How to get access to instrument cluster?

This is follow-up to my post about the LCD odometer in my 2001 Accord
LX-V6 which is dropping elements. As I said in that posting I can
temporarily get back all the elements in the LCD by pressing on either
side of the odometer but they usually go away again after a while.

A couple of you suggested that the connector for the odometer might be
loose or there might be a bad solder joint.

Where can I find instructions on how to remove enough of the
instrument cluster and trim so that I can check these things? I have
looked in book stores and in the library and the usual online book
sources but I'm coming up empty.

I see there are two screws in the top underside of the black trim
piece that sits in front of the clear plastic guard on the instrument
cluster. Will removing these two screws allow that piece of black trim
to come out easily or is there a trick to getting it out?

Thanks!

George