Old March 2nd 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GTL (US Version): How to display Lap Count, Race Position, etc...?

PlowBoy wrote:
> The little HUD is that thing on the dash oc most cars, by default you change

<snip>
> as far as in car? I cant recall ever seeing the virtual gages in car
> view...
> good luck

AFAIK it's not usually possible to activate the arcade-style "virtual
gauges" in the cockpit view - they're only available in the external
views. However, there is a hack which will allow you to do this:

1) Go to your \GTL\UserData\<playername>\ directory.
2) Back up your <playername>.PLR file in case something goes wrong.
3) Edit the <playername>.PLR file using a text editor.
4) Search for a line which says:

Allow HUD in cockpit="0"

5) Change the "0" to "1" and save the file.

Now you should be able to activate the arcade-style gauges in the
cockpit view.