Old December 30th 04, 04:14 PM
Sausage Cat

Default 97 TJ/SE - New owner problems

Hi, I've got my Jeep 2 weeks ago. It is 97 TJ/SE. Since then I was
experiencing some minor problems that I can't solve.

Heating system - I have big problem with warming my car when in floor
heating position. It is blowing alright, and its hot air too, but my
legs and knees are cold. Maybe it is the carpet I'am missing (previous
owner removed whole carpet for some reason).

Do you have any recomendation how to make your TJ warmer from the floor
up?

Do you have any recommendation about the carpet? factory original or
one piece replacement carpet?

"Clonking" noise when driving off-road - Location unknown... but it
seams to be somewhere in the engine compartment, i can feel it threw
the floor (no carpet).

Is it common th hear these sounds from the engine compartment?

Taking care of the rubber - Door rubber seal, rear rubber seal. I was
using glycerine but the last couple of days the temperature is way
below -20C and the rubber is freezing to the doors.

Do you have any suggestions about the rubber conservation?
Thank You!

Sausage Dog
97 Jeep TJ/SE