Old February 23rd 05, 05:44 PM
Neil Charlton

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message

> "Neil Charlton" > wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I finally got a copy to the UK. Frankly, I'm disappointed for all the
>> reason's listed in the Mr Nobody thread (and then some). I won't

> regurgitate
>> them - but I would ask if anyone has any ideas on a particular problem

> that
>> is making a poor experience even less satisfactory.
>>
>> I find that there's an intolerable amount of shimmer at all tracks. It's
>> particularly evident on fences, posts, wall/track joins and worst of all

> on
>> the cars. As a car pulls away from you, the logo or decal on the back

> starts
>> to roll and shimmer. The sim experience is (for me ) being totally
>> interrupted by these appalling textures.
>>
>> My hope is that I'm just missing something really simple. I've applied
>> all
>> the tweaks listed on all the bulletin boards. The problem is unaffected
>> by
>> resolution, AA or AF settings. I'm currently running 1024x768, 6xAA,

> 16xAF,
>> all options maxed fully out on an A8V, FX53, 1Gb, X800XT, 2ZS
>> combination.

>> have no jaggies at all and the frame rate never drops below 55 even at
>> the
>> back of a full 43 car field.
>>
>> I really hope there are some ideas out there which I haven't yet

> considered.
>> If I can get the graphics up to N2k3 quality it's worth hanging on for

> 'the
>> patch'.
>>
>> Thanks in anticipation

> I don't see that at all.
>
> When you ran 3d config, did you check "use mip maps"?
>
> If you didn't, the graphics are going to look like bad. A lot like what
> you
> described.
> --
> David G Fisher

Yes - I have it selected Dave. If I capture a still frame, the thing looks
almost as impressive as N2k3 - no problems with the picture at all. It's
when the whell is moved, or other vehicles are in motion, that the
sparkling/shimmering happens. I'll try the Aniso = 1 and mipmap in 3D config
suggestions and get back.

Thanks for the help.

Regards