Old September 9th 04, 12:54 AM
lefty

On 1 Sep 2004 21:18:30 -0700, (daveo76) wrote:

>My relatively stock, L48 '76 is getting more difficult to cold start.
>I'm probably up to 10 seconds of total cranking time for most
>overnight cold starts. It starts fine after sitting all day at work
>and it also starts great hot. The choke appears to be working fine.
>I've recently replaced the fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, --
>all the normal tune-up parts. While replacing the fuel filter I
>cranked it for a sec. to clear the line and check flow. Fuel was
>pumped out immediately, but do I need to check fuel pressure to rule
>out the pump? Can you rent fuel pressure gages from an auto parts
>store? Any thing else I should check?

Now that you've got all thopse detailed explanations out of the way...
my 79 had the same problem... I replace the battery cables and frame
cables/groundung strap. I think the total cost was my timer and about
$20.00 to NAPA. Haven't had a starting problem since. I got the tip
on here several years ago.... and when I spliced into the removed
cables.. they were terribly corroded inside. They looked fine from
the outside..... Just a little wisedom..