Old February 2nd 05, 09:48 PM
Brent P

In article >, Usual Suspect wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
>
>> In article >, Usual Suspect wrote:
>>
>>> Regardless, it's not enforced. I was once driving at night on a divided
>>> road with 2 lanes in each direction. The speed limit was 40 mph and I was
>>> going at about 7 mph over the limit, or so. I was driving in the left
>>> lane of course. Now an SUV comes out of nowhere and passes me in the
>>> right lane. Just as he or she does that, a police cruiser that was hiding
>>> in the dark turns on its lights and stops that speeder. Would he have
>>> stopped me if it were not for the SUV? I don't know, but I like to think
>>> that my LLB'ing, as you call it, paid off.

>> Came out of nowhere... not watching your mirrors. That's pretty
>> consistant with your other posts.
>>
>> Late one night I was driving on a 6 lane arterial. I was doing about
>> 48mph and the speed limit is 45mph. I was in the right lane minding my
>> own business when an SUV in the left lane that had been gaining on me
>> passes me. The SUV is moving at about 55mph. From a typical hiding place
>> off the right side of the road a police cruiser emerges and turns on the
>> rollers, pulling over the SUV driver.
>>
>> If the left lane saved you, the right lane saved me.

> You missed the point I was trying to make. Given a choice between a LLB and
> a [bigger] speeder, the cop chose the latter.

Doesn't make LLBing correct. Cops are revenue collectors in this aspect
of their job and speeding is of higher revenue.

> Secondly, the word on the
> street is cops really don't like lane-swervers, as they are the ones who
> cause most accidents.

There wouldn't be 'lane-swevers' if passive aggresive types. like
yourself weren't blocking the passing lane. And the root cause is bad
lane displine in general, which your kind is the greatest contributor.

> Pick a lane most consistent with your speed, and stick with it.

There is no lane most consistant with my speed. I am either passing or I
am not. I choose my lane based on that.

May you only encounter drivers like yourself, except slower. Much slower.