Old July 9th 04, 06:40 PM
Daz N

Default Mileage per tank??

Hi,

I recently changed my BMW 330ci for an A4 Avant 1.9TDi, after a few short
months I've decided I don't get on with diesel engines so I've now swapped
this for an A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro Sport.

Question is how many miles should I aim to get from a tank of fuel,
obviously it depends on driving style, type of roads etc, etc... I'm
looking at an *average*...

BMW 330ci would do 350 miles on 61 litres
A4 1.9 TDi would do 520-550 miles on 65 litres
A4 3.0 Quattro Sport does 260-280 on 65 litres

It just doesn't add up to me, I don't know if the figures look right or
not??

I only ever used Shell Optimax (98 RON) in the BMW from new, I have also
started using Optimax in the A4 but even though it's a new car it's an
ex-demo so has been driven for 4,000 miles. I thought perhaps the car might
take a few tanks to get used to the higher grade fuel or something?

Any advice?!?!?

Thanks!

Daz
(Change (AT) for @ if replying!!)