Old January 12th 05, 09:39 PM

dont know if it makes a difference, but the buzzer never makes a peep.
It used to occasionally when the dummy light worked, when I would drive
on the highway with my old 4 speed tranny and thin the oil out. Ill
try to get a look at the wiring soon.

Nate Nagel wrote:
> One of the switches is NO and one is NC. I can't find my late A1
> Bentley right now but I do believe that one wire should be grounded

> make the buzzer shut up and I can't remember which one it is. IIRC

one
> of the sensors checks for very low pressure and one checks for

sort-of
> low pressure above a certain RPM (the oil pressure warning control

unit
> - built into the instrument panel - takes care of checking the RPM.)
>
> I did find a Haynes with the wiring diagrams on my bookshelf and it
> confirms that the '82 pickup should have the dynamic oil pressure
> monitoring system but it does not give me the specifics that will

help
> you troubleshoot this problem...
>
> nate
>
> wrote:
>
> > my truck has two senders on the oil filter and one on the head. I
> > think that you are right about a short. I disconnected all the

sensors
> > and the light didnt change. I hope that it is not in the cluster.

> > hate working on that. Has anyone got an ashtray for a rabbit? I

broke
> > mine. I also need the defrost ducts in the dash. Mine are cracked

and
> > do not allow defrosting worth the crap.
> >
> > Nate Nagel wrote:
> >
> >>You may be right, the earliest I have really worked on was an '84

but

> >>thought it predated my car by a couple years.
> >>
> >>nate

> > A1's had(

> > I could

circuit.