Old August 5th 04, 10:06 PM
Ppelectron

(Ppelectron) wrote in message

>> I have the same car, same engine, same age and get the same problem. The

>clutch
>> on mine is nearing the end of it's life. The solution is to release the

>clutch
>> then press it again and make sure you press it right to the floor. 9 times

>out
>> of 10, reverse gear will then be selectable. It's not an Alfa trait
>> particularly. I have had other cars do the same thing.

>Ppelectron,
>How much roughly for a new clutch and when will I know when it's time
>to get it done ?
>
>vroom vroom

Not sure how much the clutch is. I don't know about you, but I am reluctant to
trust anyone other than the Alfa dealer with this car. I already had a small
garage mess the exhaust up. Something I was considering was having the clutch
done at the same time as the next cambelt change. Since the V6 apparently needs
the engine removed to do the cambelt, this would seem like the ideal
opportunity to have a new clutch fitted at a heavily reduced price.... :-)