Old January 31st 05, 11:27 PM
bowgus

If you know your tranny, the clutch is redundant. Anybody have one of those
old air cooled beetles ... the ones with the clutch cables that would break?
Get it rolling with the starter, and shift at those shift points that were
conveniently marked on the speedometer face. Tachometer ... we don't need no
stinkin tachometer!!! I remember when that thing would get stuck in the
snow, put it in gear, get out and push, and jump back in when it got
rolling. And when one cylinder went bad, just replace that cylinder ... and
only 4 bolts to remove too pull out the motor to work on it on the bench.

So for me on a few occasions, the most clutch friendly way to get started
was ... put it in gear and use the starter :-)