Old January 26th 05, 05:08 AM
Arif Khokar

Paul wrote:

> And I'm sure that there are elements in our soceity that would like the
> government to do just that - tak away our right to free speech on the
> internet as a precursor to taking away our right to free speech
> period...

The government has skipped the internet step entirely. I'm sure you've
heard of the practice of "free speech zones." Suprisingly West Virginia
University had several designated areas with that designation. In other
areas, you could be subject to arrest by campus police by airing your
views in front of a crowd. I don't know if this is still the case.

I also believe that this restriction existed during the Republican
national convention as well.