Old June 24th 05, 07:01 PM
nash123

I actually test drove two Mazda 3s, 4dr, auto and stick. I own a 99
Civic EX Coupe (stick shift), and for some reason the MZ3 did not feel
like it had 160hp (150 lbft torque). Maybe it is because of the
break-in period, the car had only 3 miles on it. I liked the 4spd
auto/manual shift up/down option on the auto tranny, but felt that the
stick shift had more of a push when the car accelerates. In any case,
I still feel like my old Civic has more power although it is 127 hp,
and the torque is 107 lbft.
But I have to agree that the MZ3 is a fun car to drive, and has a lot
of little things that come in higher class cars.

I also test drove a 2005 Civic EX 4dr. It had a 120hp? engine and was
noticeably less powerful than the MZ3. I am just not sure if I like
the looks of it, I love the looks on my 99 EX. But I thought the Civic
is more comfortable and has more space both front and especially back
seats. Both my wife and I felt like we were cramped in the MZ3 (maybe
the Civic has more headroom) but felt more comfortable in the Civic.
However, one thing we also noticed was the material quality, it is
worse than my old one. So I agree with Tom that the Civic used to be a
better car....

I am undecided. My S-Plan on the Mazda will expire next week so I
gotta decide soon (leaving company). I may test drive both again, at
another dealer maybe.