Old June 13th 05, 10:32 PM
cavedweller

Well, there is a truism that wierd problems with mechanical things can
sometimes find their origins in the things last touched.

There is also another truism (mine) that indicates that people who associate
themselves by signature line with an institute of higher learning,
particularly a Canadian university, should take extra pains to pose their
questions on usenet with minimal typos, spelling mistakes, and poor grammar.

"Mark Lucas" > wrote in message
HI.

Recently, I discovered that my radiator fans where not kicking in.
Fortunatly, I noticed this prior to having my motor overheat. It only
went outside of normal operating zone once (based on temperature guage) but
it did not reach the Hot mark and did not see steam rising from mortor or
rad cooller.

In poking around under the hood I found an wiring connector that was not
hooked up to anything and nor did I know where to hook it up :-). The Fan
shroud, air clearner and the air cleaner intake make it hard to see
anything. This connector, was partially hidden under the battery on the
drivers side.

I took it into my garage and it turns out that the connector I saw was what
controled the radiator fan. My garage stated that it must of worked its
way loose.

A few months ago, I took it in for servicing and they replaced the hose from
the rad to the transmission.

What I am wondering is:

1) whether it is truly possible for this type of connector to come loose as
it one of those locking connectors? -- Trying to figure out is the garaged
goofed and is not owning up to it.

2) whether disconnecting the rad fans is a basic safety procedure when
working near the rad

3) Whether there is any risk to engine/tran/ac components even though my
engine only went outside normal op temp once but showned no signs of
overheating?