Old June 13th 05, 07:00 PM
Mark Lucas

Default 98 Grand Caravan- Radiator Fan wiring Disconnected - Is this a safetyproc or ?

<head>
<title></title>
</head>
HI.<br>
Recently, I discovered that my radiator fans where not kicking in.&nbsp;
Fortunatly,&nbsp; I noticed this prior to having my motor overheat.&nbsp;&nbsp; It
only went outside of normal operating zone once (based on temperature
guage) but it did not reach the Hot mark and did not see steam rising
from mortor or&nbsp; rad cooller.&nbsp; <br>
In poking around under the hood I found an wiring connector that was
not hooked up to anything and nor did I know where to hook it up :-).&nbsp;
The Fan shroud, air clearner and the air cleaner intake make it hard to
see anything. &nbsp; This connector, was partially hidden under the battery
on the drivers side.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
I took it into my garage and it turns out that the connector I saw was
what controled the radiator fan.&nbsp;&nbsp; My garage stated that it must of
worked its way loose.&nbsp; <br>
A few months ago, I took it in for servicing and they replaced the hose
from the rad to the transmission.&nbsp; <br>
What I am wondering is:<br>
to come loose as it one of those locking connectors? -- Trying to
figure out is the garaged goofed and is not owning up to it.<br>
2) whether disconnecting the rad fans is a basic safety procedure when
working near the rad<br>
3) Whether there is any risk to engine/tran/ac components&nbsp; even though
my engine only went outside&nbsp; normal op temp once but showned no signs
of overheating?&nbsp; <br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Mark Lucas, Analyst
Student and Enrolment Services
University of Saskatchewan
105 Administration Place
Saskatoon SK S7N 5A2
Phone: (306) 966-6768
Fax: (306) 966-6730
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" </a>

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please contact me immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communications received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.</pre>