Old June 28th 05, 10:58 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...

> > > ...except we're not talking about Hondas here.

> > Except that you have no experience switching Chrysler transmission
> > computers of different years with different transmissions.

> An interesting thing happens when you assume, Richard, and that is that
> you wind up saying stuff that isn't factual (i.e., it's wrong). That's
> what happened in this case, for I *do* have experience switching Chrysler
> transmission computers of different years. As far as the computers are
> concerned, there are no "different transmissions" -- virtually any
> year/any application TCM will run virtually any year Chrysler 4-speed
> automatic transmission.
>
> > I stand by my note of caution.

> ...which is based on completely irrelevant futzing around with Hondas.

It is also perfectly within the realm of possibility that the CaravanGuy's
1997
trans computer has been firmware updated to a NEWER firmware version than
the 2001 trans computer out of the boneyard.

If it was me rather than spending the money on the computer at the
wrecknig yard, I would have driven into the dealership and had them
flash my existing computer to the most current firmware, which is
certainly newer than 2001.

Ted