Old July 8th 04, 08:25 PM
maxima1

My Haynes manual just says to "never use more than 2 cans", which
amounts to 24 oz. My system was so low that the clutch would not
engage until I added 1 can. I added a second 12 oz can to get the
low-side pressure to read about 30 degrees on my gauge. I added oil
last year, so I didn't add any this time.

I was under the impression that the head pressure goes up when there
is too little refrigerant. Maybe I got that wrong.

I'll look for a sticker under the hood. Thanks!