Old March 11th 05, 03:29 PM
Big Bill

On 10 Mar 2005 17:16:18 -0800, wrote:

>I should have been more specific...
>
>1. Why do I not have the option to keep a second car (liability only)
>for me and me alone in case my first car breaks or what not and not pay
>any more insurance. If that means others can't drive it so be it. I
>currently pay full coverage for my new car, and to keep my second
>(cheaper) car I have to pay more per month. If I wreck my first car,
>the insurance agency is out the cost of a new car plus the cost of the
>car I hit. If I were to have been driving my 2nd car my insurance
>agency would only be out the cost of the car I hit. In every case it is
>cheaper for my insurance company if I have a second POS car, yet I
>still have to pay more. If anything I should get a discount for the
>times I drive my POS.

You're talling about two different kinds of insurance he liability
and collision.
On the first car, liability pays for the other car, collision pays for
yours.
On the second (POS) car, why have collision?

>2. I'm talking about full coverage. Why doesn't my rate go down when my
>car gets older? If I buy a 2005 car and get it insured full coverage I
>pay the rate for a brand new car the whole time I own it. 5 years down
>the road I'm still paying the full rate, yet if someone else were to
>buy my exact same car in 2010 they would get the rate of a 5 year old
>car. The only way I can get the cheaper rate would be to switch
>insurance or sell my car and buy one just like it.

Define "full coverage".
Is that the minimum required liability by the state, or someother
combination of
liability/collision/comprehensive/uninsured/underinsured policy?
What limits?
I've actually heard people claim they have "full coverage" (as defined
by the agent) that is only minimum liability coverage.

The fact that you say your full coverage doesn't get cheaper as the
car ages leqads me to believ ethe car itself isn't insured, but you're
only carrying liability insurance. Collision coverage usually gets
less expensive as the value of the car goes down with age.

Are you sure you know what insurance you actually have?

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"