Old February 7th 05, 08:01 PM
Anthony Giorgianni

I never said it was good for Scott to drive fast. I think Scott should obey
the speed limit like everyone else.

The fact is you and experienced SUV drivers are not the only ones watching
those commercials. And anyway, if you are driving your SUV fast on public
roads in the snow and ice, around other cars and property, you're doing the
wrong thing. I don't care how experienced you are. But based on what you
said, I don't think you're doing that, nor do I think you'd support some
20-year-old doing that just to see if daddy's Grand Cherokee can really do
that cool thing he's seen on some commercial. If you're driving fast
off-road or on a track or even on a public highway in the woods somewhere,
all the power to you.

I've driven my Explorer lots in snowstorms. I love going to an all-night
diner in a blizzard, when the only thing out is me and the plows (and I hate
the plows because they keep the roads here in Connecticut too clean.) One
thing I've learned in all my years is that slow and steady is the safest way
to drive an SUV. Four-wheel-drive is no good unless all the wheels are under
power instead of coasting. So the good SUV driver goes at a speed needed to
anticipate curves and stops so that he can be powered most of the time and
avoid coasting and braking. With all your experience, I bet you agree.

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

oups.com...