Old September 22nd 04, 11:05 AM
Grumpy au Contraire

Sparky wrote:

> Gordon McGrew wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:30:33 -0500, "KWW"
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>Thanks for the feedback! I will have to try it. I guess if I put
> >>neverseize on it or something... but given that the driver's side naturally
> >>wants to unscrew as it rotates, I short of don't want to do too much to
> >>lubricate that side.

> > Anti-sieze compound is the way to go. I have been using Permatex
> > (same can) for 20+ years and I put it on anything I screw together on
> > my cars. Always works great - especially on lug nuts and spark plugs.

> Heh, I've had the same small can of Never Seez (IIRC) for about 30. It's
> like Brylcream - a little dab'll do ya.
>
> http://www.anti-seizecompounds.com/

Just bear in mind that when you "lubricate" fasteners that have a "dry"
torque spec, it is easy to over torque. That being said, I also am a
fan of lubing wheel studs but in the forty plus years that I've been
fiddlin' with cars, I just use cup grease...

--
JT

Just tooling through cyberspace in my ancient G4