Old June 10th 04, 06:06 AM
Sgt. Sausage

"ben" > wrote in message
om...
> Don't know know if the question has been asked before, but humor me
> for a bit and share your thoughts on gas prices

Which thoughts exactly?

Relative to the world, I think we're far to low on
gas prices.

Relative to past domestic prices, taking into
consideration inflation, I still think we're too low.

On the other hand, in general, I think they're too
high -- but only because I'm a consumer seeking
to reduce my expenses. I've no idea what the "ideal"
price of a gallon is in the U.S, but I'd like to think it's
a helluva lot lower than we're paying now and I'd like
to think we actually have a chance of reducing the
current prices to that "ideal" price.

> and if ya think
> driving an SUV is unpatriotic?

Dumb question.

Is drinking coffee unpatriotic?

Is posting to usenet unpatriotic?

Is masturbation unpatriotic?

Who cares.

> In my own mind its a complicated
> question that can effect US national security (the part where we in
> the USA are dependent upon foreign oil).

It's a lot more complicated than that. A lot.

> It was a topic that was sort
> of covered in the last issue of national geographic so I posted
> another rant on why I think in general SUVs suck.

Everything sucks for *somebody*.

I happen to be in agreement. SUVs have a lot of suckage,
but definitely not, in particular, because they are "unpatriotic".

> http://www.phaster.com/road_trips/ar...patriotic.html
>

> I just filled up my land cruiser and it took $100+, oh well its my toy
> and its the only vehicle that can accomplish what I want it to do, so
> I don't mind paying for the priviliage of driving the darn thing, but
> with gas prices all over the news and oil prices now just dropping are
> people going to ignore the recient gas price spike??????

The patriotic folks out there have fought and died for
exactly the freedom to drive an SUV -- suckage or not.