Old July 21st 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Default Casey Jones You Better Watch Your Speed

AZ Nomad wrote:

[snip]

> >Someone else calculated the cost of their gasoline consumption per hour.
> >It came to something like $9.00 per hour. If one's billing rate is more
> >then an order of magnitude higher than this, it still pays to go faster.

> That's only true if you have 168 billable hours per week to do.

Huh? Where'd you get that figure?

Its the difference between the time saved and the fuel burned. If I
spend 5 hours a week commuting but cut that in half by driving twice as
fast, I might double my fuel cost. That's $45 more. But if I save 2.5
hours at $200 per hour, I'm still money ahead.

Someone would have to make $18 an hour to break even with the above
example. Poor people should drive slowly, rich people fast. Please keep
right as I pass.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Real programmers don't draw flowcharts. Flowcharts are, after all, the