Old February 23rd 05, 01:38 PM
Christopher C. Stacy

"David Chesler" > writes:
> ObLegal: If the street is "one way", is it legal to drive in reverse
> if the car is pointed in the legal direction? How far? One car length
> into a parking spot? Two car lengths because the car exiting the
> parking spot got out behind you? The length of the block?

I haven't tested it in court, but I believe it's not legal
to drive in reverse the wrong way down a one-way street.
If you are parallel parking, you are not traveling.
As to how far you can go: probably just one car length.
Backing down the street a couple of car lengths to go back
and get that spot that you already passed by is not legal.