Old February 17th 05, 11:55 PM

Paul wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > I got a parking ticket, for, of all things, backing into a parking

> spot
> > in public metered parking (Michigan). It's a small fine, but it

> seems
> > like such a rediculous offense. The model year of my car is listed
> > incorrectly; could I get out of it for this reason?

In Michigan, there is just one license plate on the back of the car
(none on the front). I believe that the requirement to not back into a
parking spot has to do with the visibility of the plate. Imagine that
if the parking space was next to a wall and a car backed up all the
way, it would be impossible to read the plate number.