Old February 3rd 05, 02:39 AM
Usual Suspect

Bernard farquart wrote:

> "Usual Suspect" > wrote in message
>> Arif Khokar wrote:

>>> Unlikely scenario.

>> Perhaps, but in that particular scenario, do you admit that the law has
>> no problem with my blocking the tailgater?
>>
>>> First off, the tailgater is being tailgated by a
>>> whole line of cars that were probably going a little over 80 mph before
>>> they caught up with you. Therefore, you're still slower than the normal
>>> speed of traffic.

>> In this hypothetical scenario, if their normal speed would be 82 without
>> me,
>> there should better be all 72 of them behind me, to make the average
>> speed in my absense top 75.
>>
>>> Either yield or speed up.

>> I don't do either.
>>

> So to resume the speed they were travelling previously,
> you force the people who come up behind to change to the
> right lane, speed way up to get past you before running into
> the cars travelling slower in the right lane, then hop back in
> front of you in the right lane.
>
> You see no increase in the possibility of an accident due to
> the fact that you simply will not yeild to those trying to pass?

Well, Arif Khokar stated elsewhere in this thread, there is absolutely no
increased risk in lane-swerving. He has to be consistent :-)

I agree with you though. In reality, I might slow down a bit to help them
merge back in, if I sense danger.

BTW, we were talking about legality of LLB'ing in CA here, and the verdict
is clear.