Old January 5th 05, 07:00 AM
James

"Roger Blake" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 00:10:44 +0000 (UTC), Jonathan Grobe >
> wrote:
>>you recommend as the type (age, mileage, foreign vs
>>domestic...) of vehicle to purchase?

> I would go with a domestic compact such as Rambler American, Studebaker
> Lark,
> Plymouth Valiant, Ford Falcon, etc. Each model has its own strengths and
> weaknesses, but as a group they are durable, easy to work on, and the
> pre-1973 models get decent gas mileage. I guess the foreign tin can
> be somewhat attractive due to better gas mileage, but that can be offset
> by the price and availability of parts and service. (Ever try to get
> a fuel pump for your Borgward while stuck out in the middle of nowhere?)
>
> --
> Roger Blake
> (Subtract 10 for email.)

Yea, right. You are joking right? Where do you suggest one find a
Studebaker or a Rambler? I have not seen one of those in over 35 years.
However, there are some Ford Falcons still around, my neighbor that lives
across the street has 2 of them. One of them is for sale, he wants $600.00
for it and it does run.