Old January 17th 05, 07:32 PM

Default Oil Pipe

I have a 1996 BMW 328 Sedan that needs to have the oil pipe replaced.
The line is beginning to leak through the braids. This appears to be a
relatively straight-forward repair, course that doesn't mean that the
local bimmer guy wouldn't like to relieve me of about $500. It looks
like two bolts, four seals, and the pipe. Any little tricks I am
missing? Left hand threads on the bolts? Is the oil pipe under
pressure? Does it need to be refilled when installed?

Plus... can anyone recommend a good BMW repair guide. I saw the
Bentley Guide on CD for about $75.

Thanks.
John