Old January 29th 05, 10:04 AM
tomb

Mike King wrote:
| Can anyone comment on FF on a PS2 vs. a PC? Just general opinions. I
| play a lot of GPL NR2003, F1C, LFS, so I know what the PC can do.

The PS2 can do the same (sometimes doesn't due to the arcady nature of the
games, or lack of attention to detail during implementation). The Xbox
*could* if MS got their act together.

| So my dilema is, is the FF on PS2 worth getting a Driving Force Pro,
| and eventually an XBox wheel, or go with a cheaper wheel for the
| consoles? Whew!

Your choice.

Some of the FF on PS2 is pretty amazing. If you like rally and are in the
Europe area (or have a modded PS2 and a PAL-capable TV), try RBR. It's
really good on both PC as well as PS2. On the PS2, it's multi-turn aware
(for DFPro) and allows you to adjust steering ranges different from 200 and
900 degrees. It seems like the FF is the same quality as on the PC, if not
even a bit more "integrated", for lack of a better word. The first time I
tried it I spent a good half an hour just touring around the parking lot,
the first "school mode" track, enjoying exactly what you described, weight
transfer and general car feel, which is strong and precise IMHO.

Test Drive: Eve of Destruction is another interesting title, FF-wise (and
also does multi-turn, although not with adjustable range). GT4 comes to
mind, haven't really tried that yet, though so I won't comment.