Old December 2nd 04, 01:57 PM
Kafertoys

>I have a 78 Bay Bus. Trying to find the gears is like stirring porridge !
>I think I have to change the linkages but was wondering how much of a
>big job this is ?
>Anyone done it ? How long should it take ?

Rich What you need to do is look at your shifter bushings, hope they are the
only things that need to be replaced.
There is one at the back connecting shift rod to tranny and a bushing up front,
this one you have to remove your belly pan to get to.
I suggest getting the haynes manual for you bus it would be very helpful.
This is a job that you should beable to do in a hour or so depending on your
mechanical skill.
Also check out Type2.com there are people there that can help.

Mario
Vintage werks restorations