Old May 1st 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Parts from a 93 GC same on a 96 GC

jimboe via CarKB.com did pass the time by typing:
> Doug, so you're saying my 93 has an incompatible door-motor-locking mechanism
> than what is in the 6 cyl 96 that I have access to at salvage? (It's the
> front driver side BTW, not the rear).

You could write these folks http://www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/
or call 888-528-2200 and the parts desk can look them up for you.

I show a different part for 93 than 94... however, I have a 93 and there
are parts on mine that are from the 94 production run. The only way to
tell for certain is to take the door off and get the number from the part.
(all parts have painted or stamped numbers on them)

Oh.. and when you do, you will probably break some of those plastic push
thingies. The dealer wants way too much for them. I bought a bag-o-50
from http://www.thecliplink.com/ ..ignore the Jeep part and use the
18915 http://store.thecliplink.com/18915.html It's the same dang part
but less$$. They do have a minimum purchase though. I just got clips
for the bumpers, trim, etc. Now I don't care if I break one taking
things apart. Oh, and the screw inserts, 19276.

> As far as the oil level sender goes (and the oil pan in general), I just
> changed the gasket and cleaned the pan out (which incidentally fixed my
> erratic oil pressure gauge readings which would "bounce" around from top to
> bottom-- now my readings are stable between 40 and 60 or so).

The pressure sender is by the oil filter and generally cleaning the connector
fixes most problems. 40-60 stable sounds ok. A new sender can be had from
NAPA Part# OP6695 $37.50, if you get a military discount (or jobber discount)
it's a few bucks cheaper.
http://revbeergoggles.com/Fixes/diag...r-oil-pressure

My ZJ was running about 60-70 steady (too high, but related to a bad sender)
Replaced it a few weeks ago and everything is nice and even now.

> The leak I referred to in the OP is definately from the sender itself and no
> where else. Perhaps one drop over night and that all. Just a nuisance.

Zip tie and a piece of cloth?

--
DougW