Old April 28th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Parts from a 93 GC same on a 96 GC

jimboe via CarKB.com did pass the time by typing:
> My v8 96 ZJ needs 2 parts and I'd like to know if anyone knows if they're
> interchangable with the ones from a v6 96 that's available.
>
> 1) The driver door electric lock (motor I guess):
> only sometimes operates the lock, and when it does move the lock, the lock
> only slides half-way or less.. Sometimes that's just enough to engage or
> disengage the lock, sometimes it's not, and I have to then use the key to
> lock, or unlock the door manually.

94-98
It's a whole motor/lock assembly and not cheap. $109 or abouts for a new one.
You might get lucky and clean it, but I've had mixed results with the rear
door motor.

> I've never looked at my motor, but I assume that it's "going", since the
> physical lock mechanism seems to manually move just fine (no particular
> unusual resistance there).

It's full of dirt. There was a TSB but no recall to my knowledge.

> 2) The oil level sensor (screws into the side of the oil pan):
> There's a slight leak from mine. The 96 doesn't have a VIC in the center like
> my 93, just the LED for the 4 wheel drive mode. I don't even know if the 96
> has an oil level sensor since I haven't yet looked.

That's not a cheap doodad.
ECHFLS102 from NAPA and it's $56.99

Also the same between 94-98

Be careful with it, the end bit is very sensitive and can
be damaged by crushing.

The good thing it's only an idiot light and can be ignored.
Make sure it's not something else dripping on it or that the
gasket isn't loose.

--
DougW