Old July 8th 05, 06:54 AM
DougW

Daniel J. Stern did pass the time by typing:
> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, DougW wrote:
>
>>> 3) What is an "Induction Flush" how important is it? Is it worth
>>> approx $150 to have done?

>> That's a can-o-cleaner they put into the fuel rail and run through your
>> engine, including running stuff down the throttle body. It cleans out
>> carbon deposits and fuel injectors. Not a bad thing and not
>> unreasonable for the price

> Are you high? There's nothing in that $150 "induction flush" that cannot
> be achieved with a $16 bottle of Chevron Techron or BG 44K.

I'm not high and that $16 bottle of techron has no where near the cleaning
capability of the stuff they feed directly into the rail. I prefer to use
this system though. http://www.motorvac.com/ Average cost is $99 and it
takes about half an hour.

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://members.cox.net/wilsond
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks