Old July 1st 04, 03:19 AM
richard hornsby

It is possible that, for example, the AC compressor clutch is going out.
Or the belt itself may simply need to be replaced.

Look near the front, passenger side under the AC compressor for the
tension markings. You should find the tensioner there. If the
alternator was replaced and the belt wasn't at the time or recently
before that, you may want to consider replacing the belt. Cheap and
pretty easy to do. Also not something you want to have fail if you
prefer not being stranded.

AFAIK, there is no "adjustment" of the tension; the tensioner is only
for removing and re-installing the drivebelt.

-rj
98SL2