Old April 13th 05, 01:51 PM
Joe

Default Ford 351C question

I have a 1972 Mustang with a 351C, 4-V. I'm replacing the stock
Motorcraft 4300D that's on it with an Edelbrock 750 cfm, because the
Motorcraft float is screwed up and the secondaries are frozen shut. As
the car is now, it won't start with the stock carb. I need to
determine if the distributor vacuum port on the stock 4300D carb is
timed (no vacuum at idle) or full (vacuum at idle). Since I can't
start it with this carb on it, I can't do a simple vacuum test. Anyone
know if this car has either timed or full distributor vacuum? Thanks.