Old August 20th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

Default Engine runs rough exept during acceleration

Hello,
I have a 95 VW Golf. Lately the engine has been running roughly when I
am iddling a lot (in traffic) and even when I am driving faster (on the
highway). It has been a bit intermittant but becoming more regular.

The engine has been running roughly EXEPT when I accelerate.

I am thinking that it could be due to clogged fuel injectors (or maybe
the wiring from the distributor cap). What do you think I should look
into first?

If it is the fuel injectors - does the product that you add to your
gas help?

Thanks for any help,

Mark