Old January 15th 05, 09:14 AM
Brent P

In article >, AZGuy wrote:
> A lot of time when there are lanes on the right that end and the
> people have to merge a lot of the people in the thru lane just hate
> like hell to let anyone in. I often hang back a bit when traffic
> starts moving to make the guy behind me also hang back and then
> accelerate quickly to form a gap between me and the guy behind me so
> the guy to the right has a gap to merge into. Anyone else do that
> for anyone? I could really hang back and let them in in front of me
> but you have to draw the line somewhere....

I don't use that method but I often will create a gap behind me. However,
most of the people I encounter decide they HAVE to be in front of me.
The person coming down the ramp doesn't care there is gap about as big as
the state of iowa behind me, it's that minimum following distance space in
front of me they want. Same thing for people exiting. Instead of changing
lanes behind me, they accelerate hard to cut me off and then exit. I
usually am able to block these moves, but it's irritating.