Old April 5th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Rebuildable Rabbit Front Strut Bearings

On 2006-04-04, none2u > wrote:
> Put some paint on it if you want. There's external and internal threads for
> the strut nut. The 84 should be external threads. Its easy to look at your
> car and see which you have. I gave the years but it doesn't matter because
> people use what they buy, and you just know,what's on your car unless you
> look. If you're buying new strut housings , It doesn't matter anyway. You

Thanks again for the helpful reply. One final question for you and
others, assuming I can get struts for both internally and externally
threaded strut housings, what are peoples thoughts on the two options
with regard to the housings? Assuming that I have access to both, is
one type of thread considered better (easier to work with, or one that
ages better -- with regard to rust)?

Thanks!
Bryan

--
remove the "REMOVE" from my email to email