Old December 6th 04, 06:26 PM
redindian

Default WA - 1st Speeding Ticket - HELP!!

I got a '60zone - going 75+ (82)' in StateHighway 12 Grey Harbor county
in Washington State.

Its 100 miles away from where I live (Seattle). I would like to fight
the ticket, but to drive 100miles to do that is discouraging. I would
like to know, under the cicumstances, what are the options ?

I have a clean record till now, I would like to keep it that way - I
speed, I do it responsibly within limits (usually 80mph) I drive a 325
BMW, and its a pretty good handling car at higher speeds.

1) Can I admit guilt and go to traffic school ? - do I have to appear
in court for that ?

2) Can I admit guilt and ask for probation(1 year with no ticket) ? -
do I have to appear in court for that ?

3) Can I fight ticket remotely ? over phone ? or mail ?

4) WHEN will the ticket get into my record ? Now ? After I admit guilt
? or if I fight after the judgement ?

5) Hear this out, dont laugh --- The ticket is for $142, if I send
$150 and when the court sends back $8, I dont cash it. I heard the
court books must be balanced before ticket goes into my record ? So
with $8 pending they hold off.?

6) Another sneaky one, My Insurance company has my old driver licence
from CA (expired 1 month back). I switched it to WA last month. But
they donno it yet. Should I just play mum, as the ticket is given for
WA lic#. Yeah, eventually they will come to know or ask for updated one
- this just extends the inevitable...

already a week has passed, and I need to make a descision - please give
some suggestions...

thanks!!