Old December 6th 04, 05:32 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 12/6/2004 4:30 AM, SVTKate wrote:

> For example, what if, you are at a stop light and you see this guy barreling
> straight at you and your only option is to stomp
> on the throttle to get out of the way.... and your truck is turned off.
>
> *shudder*

Why? Hybrids have a decent amount of torque straight off the line even
with the gas engine off, since that's primarily when they use their
electric motors.

It is a little disconcerting to be sitting in what seems like a dead car
at a light, but if you plant your foot it'll take off quick enough. At
least on my cousin's first generation Prius, the gas engine doesn't even
kick in until 25 MPH or so.

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |