Old December 6th 04, 02:03 PM
Paul

"Cory Dunkle" > wrote in message
: "Fao, Sean" -WANT-NO-SPAM> wrote in message
: ...
: > Patrick wrote:
: > > A cool way to help save the planet.
: > >
: > > http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101272
: >
: > I'm staying away from it until the bugs are found and worked out. It is
: > nice to see some larger vehicles jumping on the band wagon. And with
: > 295-hp, 335-lb-ft torque, it doesn't look too shabby.
:
: Seems a bit low on torque for a 5,000+ lb vehicle, but I suppose torque is
: typical of the relatively small ejgine it has. I suppose they make up for
it
: with gearing, being as how it has an overdrive transmission.
:
: Anyhow, nice idea to save gas, but I don't think I'll ever get another
: vehicle newer than the early '70s. I tried it twice and it was no good.
Too
: difficult, frustrating, and time consuming to work on. Also, older cars
are
: cheaper to own. Less initial cost, less insurance cost, cheaper parts
cost,
: and easy to do the work yourself.
:
: Cory
:
Yeah, and don't worry about all the crap your 30-year-old engine is pouring
into the atmosphere, while burning about twice as much gas per mile as a
modern car.

Paul