Old July 8th 05, 10:08 AM
GT

"Pete" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:54:06 +0100, "Simon Mason"
> >, wrote:
>
>>These are *not* Xenon discharge lamps which come standard on a number of
>>cars now. They are merely ordinary halogen lamps tinted to look like them.

> Exactly. They are Not Xenon.
> If you want to know about Xenon
> www.XENONDEPOT.com
> The FAQ page is useful if you want to know about Xenon
> and what and how different headlights work.
> It might be handy to read before shopping elsewhere.
>
> Pete

If I may conclude - these bulbs are Xenon filled, so technically can be
called Xenon headlight bulbs, but they are not what we generally refer to as
Xenon headlights. Xenon headlights require replacement clusters, different
wiring and give a HID look. These ebay advertised Xenon bulbs are just
ordinary halogen bulbs filled with Xenon gas. You get what you pay for - £12
on ebay for Xenon filled bulbs, which are brighter than the normal bulbs and
give a HID look. Some are tinted, but not all. However for about £300-400
you can get a Xenon *discharge* conversion kit to give a true HID light
(High Intensity Discharge).